Monday, February 28, 2011

Double Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies

So last night I was starving. We had already eaten dinner and I just got in the mood to bake something because I needed something dessertish. So I looked through what I had and I ran across a bag of peanut butter chips. So I looked on the bag and this recipe was on it so I decided why not. I had all the ingredients so I went with it. I am so glad that I did. If you are a peanut butter chocolate fan you will love these! They are so yummy & just well perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup of peanut butter (I put in a little bit more because i love peanut butter)
1 cup of granulated sugar (white sugar)
1 cup of brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt ( I don't put this in because it tasted like it had enough without it)
2/3 cup of peanut butter chips ( I added more lol)
1/2 cup of hershy's chocolate syrup (yes I added more of this too!)

Directions
 1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9*13 baking pan.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Add granulate sugar and brown sugar, beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each one.  Blend in the vanilla.
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into peanut butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread half the batter into prepared pan: spoon syrup over the top. Carefully top with remaining batter: Swirl with remaining batter; Swirl with metal spatula or knife for a marbeled effect. **Side Note- I just poured the chocolate syrup into the batter and mixed it all together and then just poured the whole batter into the pan and baked it that way. It came out so tasty.**
4. Bake 35 to 40 mins or until lightly browned. Cool and then enjoy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! My husband and I were stationed overseas for a while as well. But we were in England so it wasn't quite a culture shock. The major weird thing was that my washer and dryer were all one machine and it was teeny tine. Also, I had to learn to cook everything using an oven that used Celsius as the temperature gauge...lol. THAT took a little getting used to. So nice to meet you!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! My dad was stationed in Germany for 7 years so I have done this before. I was not prepared to be back overseas though. Our washer and dryer are tiny as well. Usually we just end up taking it to the Air base and doing it all. The convection oven has not been horrible I just have to keep converting temperatures and guessing that I am getting it right lol! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete