Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

So another Airman in my husband's section at work can not eat chocolate because it gives him migraines. Lets be honest most of the desserts and cookies I tend to make are chocolate overloaded because I love chocolate. So these are one of his favorite cookies and since most of the cookies I send to work have chocolate in them Fromm can not eat them so I made him these when he came over for dinner the other day. We also sent food to work for the soldiers on shift. I can bake/cook pretty well so that is how I personally support our troops mainly the guys who work with or are currently deployed with my husband ( who is home right now =D ). Giving back and supporting our troops is super important to me because the military is still under appreciated as well as their families. Unless you have walked in their footsteps are or the family who is left behind it is so hard to really understand. Anyways so I decided to make oatmeal raisin cookies. I do not like those crispy thin cookies I just never have. I like big soft pillowy cookies. So these are seriously so yummy and pretty much the perfect cookie. Enjoy and the next time you see a military member tell them thank you! They may not show you or tell you how much it means to hear that but trust me it makes a huge impact.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
* 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1/2-3/4 cup raisins (depending on your taste)
* 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F

In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins (& nuts if using them); mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

1 comment:

  1. I might try these or the chocolate chip this weekend. They look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete